Enforcement of Divorce Decrees

Unfortunately, there are situations that arise after a divorce is finalized when one party or the other fails to comply with the orders of the divorce decree. If your ex-spouse is not following through with their part of the agreement, you have the right to seek enforcement through the court. Crider Law is ready to go to work for you to help you file the proper paperwork with the courts and aggressively fight for the enforcement of your divorce decree.

The most commonly violated terms of a divorce include the following:

  • Failure to pay child support
  • Failure to pay spousal maintenance
  • Failure to pay debts
  • Failure to sell or refinance an asset
  • Failure to sell a home in a timely manner
  • Failure to pay a bill

When any of these terms of the divorce are not met, then you have the right to file a motion with the courts. Basically, the contract of the divorce that was agreed upon by both parties and overseen by the court has been broken. This is an issue that needs to be addressed right away.

If you find yourself involved in a situation like this, don’t sit and wait. Contact Crider Law right away and let’s get things back to the way they should be. There is no reason why you should suffer or stress because of the inability of your ex-spouse to live up to the divorce decree. We’ll help you through every step of the process and make sure you’re taken care of.